About the League of Women Voters
In 2015-2016, the League celebrated the following accomplishment:
- Distributed 300,000 copies of the Voter Information Bulletin.
- Answered hundreds of Election Day calls at the LWV-WBNS Phone Bank for the 2015 general and 2016 primary elections.
- As a leader in Franklin County Consortium for Good Government, held 11 Candidates Nights during the 2015 General Election.
- Conducted Voter Registration Drives.
- Provided volunteer moderators and speakers to local community groups interested in election issues.
- Hosted a public forum to discuss the 2015 local ballot issues.
- Provided voters with written pro/con arguments for the 2015 local ballot issues.
- Provided information to voters and League members through our office, web site, and social media. There were over 13,000 visits to our website this year
- Conducted public meetings on a range of civic topics, including the 2015 state and local ballot issues, affordable housing, juvenile justice and women & leadership.
- Numerous articles published reporting on LWVMC forums in neighborhood newspapers and the Columbus Dispatch.
- Published a weekly electronic newsletter, The eVoter, to inform members of upcoming political issues, events and information about local elections.
- LWVMC's Corporate and Community Advisory Council assessed organizational goals and opportunities to increase community involvement.
- Premiered "Telling Our Stories", a documentary about the efforts of the League in the 1960's and 1970's to advocate on important issues such as school desegregation and redistricting.