Strategic plan outlines vision for reinvigorating, reinventing, revisioning
Saturday, Jun. 9, 2012
At its annual meeting Jun. 4, the League released the final report on its yearlong strategic planning efforts.
Known as "4-R" -- for reinvigorating, reinventing, revisioning, and making the local League relevant -- the process was led by board leadership and two contract consultants, Deborah Crawford of Deborah A. Crawford Consulting and Deb Peluso of The Change Collaborative.
The 56-page report covers the history of the League, includes key informant interviews with prominent community members and entities, and recommends five goals adopted by members at the annual meeting:
- GOAL 1: Cultivate the belief in and practice of civil discourse among all community members
- GOAL 2: Educate citizens on how to take action on their own priority civic and political issues
- GOAL 3: Position LWV of Central Ohio as a lead organization on reliable non-partisan voter information, citizen education, and protection of voter rights
- GOAL 4: Enhance the accountability and openness of elected officials and governmental processes
- GOAL 5: Increase the engagement of diverse populations in our democracy
The board recommended and members agreed to give goals one and three immediate attention.