What's New with the 2013/2014 MC/EF Budget?
Tuesday, Mar. 26, 2013
The LWVMC 2013-2014 budget was approved by the LWVMC Board at it's April Meeting. Members will be voting to approve the 2013-2014 budget at the Annual Meeting on June 3rd. As we are not expecting significant financial changes from last year, the 2013-2014 budget is very similar to the 2012-2013 budget. Listed below are a few highlights of the budget:
- The staff person is budgeted at $14.50 an hour and is expected to work 30 hours a week, reduced to 10 hours a week during June and July. Staff expenses continue to be the top expense for the League
- Expenses for Democracy in Action were increased to $8000 to include the salaries of our two DIA event coordinators, as well as the continued increase in event and catering costs. To offset this cost, income for DIA is also expected to increase from $19,000 this year, to $25,000 next year.
- The 2014 League Convention will be held in Washington D.C. This necessitates an increase in the budget for Convention expenses, as the League reimburses for member delegates travel expenses. The 2013-2014 budget allows for $2000 in Convention reimbursements.
- PMPs: State dues remain the same at $25 per person. National dues also remain the same at $31 per person.
- The League office rent, utilities and internet is budgeted for $3000. Monthly rent on the League office is currently $170.
Many thanks to the MC Budget Committee members: Amy Pulles, Erin Michel, Mary Kaul and Elizabeth Grieser
Please Click on the link below to see the complete budget!