Primary Election May 7, 2013
Wednesday, Apr. 3, 2013
Early Voting Information and Issue Highlights
There is a primary election coming up in some parts of central Ohio on May 7, and early voting started on April 3!
You can vote early at the Franklin County Board of Elections, 280 East Broad Street, Columbus. Early voting will continue weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. through Friday, May 3, and also on Saturday, May 4 from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
- Columbus: A non-partisan primary with seven candidates for Columbus City Council. The top six advance to the general election.
- Hilliard: A Republican primary with five candidates for Hilliard City Council. The top four advance to the general election.
- Reynoldsburg: A Republican primary with six candidates for Reynoldsburg City Council. The top three advance to the general election.
- Gahanna: proposed city income tax increase
- Groveport Madison: school levy
- Licking Heights: school levy
- Madison-Plains: school levy
Voters will also see fire protection levies in Franklin, Jefferson, and Norwich Townships; a bond issue for golf course improvements in Minerva Park; electric and gas aggregation questions in Madison Township; an electric aggregation plan for Prairie Township; and a proposed tax increase in the Village of Lithopolis. There will be five liquor options on local ballots.
Voters must be registered by April 8 to vote in this election.
Still not sure if you have an
election coming up? Check your sample ballot on the FC Bd. of Elections web